Our mission: "Every school will be a thriving school that prepares every student to graduate from high school college, career and community ready.”
The Madison Board of Education is a seven-member policymaking body. Members are elected in April to serve staggered three-year terms in office.
Board of Education duties:
- Establish policies for the Madison Metropolitan School District
- Approve and oversee the school district budget
- Serve as good stewards of taxpayer funds, and levy taxes as needed
- Hire and supervise the Superintendent of Schools
- Establish board committees and vote on board executives
- Lobbying lawmakers and advocating on behalf of the Madison schools
- Representing constituents, soliciting input on key decisions and listening to concerns and needs of the community
To reach all seven board members, please use the following group e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Interested in running for a seat on the Board of Education? Check out the City of Madison City Clerk's website for more information.
- Meeting Agendas and notices (updated at noon on Fridays)
- Contact Information
NEED A LANGUAGE INTERPRETER AT A BOARD MEETING?
Please let us know one week in advance by either calling 663-8440 to speak to Becca Colegial or e-mailing her at email@example.com and tell us what meeting for which you will need the service and in what language. If you have a prepared statement ahead of time, that helps us too. We have MMSD Bilingual Resource Specialists (BRS) in 12 languages. We will assign support as requested.
|Special Meeting in closed session||Closed session|