Our mission: "Every school will be a thriving school that prepares every student to graduate from high school college, career and community ready.”
The Madison Board of Education is a seven-member policymaking body. Members are elected in April to serve staggered three-year terms in office.
Board of Education duties:
- Establish policies for the Madison Metropolitan School District
- Approve and oversee the school district budget
- Serve as good stewards of taxpayer funds, and levy taxes as needed
- Hire and supervise the Superintendent of Schools
- Establish board committees and vote on board executives
- Lobbying lawmakers and advocating on behalf of the Madison schools
- Representing constituents, soliciting input on key decisions and listening to concerns and needs of the community
To reach all seven board members, please use the following group e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Interested in running for a seat on the Board of Education? Check out the City of Madison City Clerk's website for more information.
Special OPEN WORKSHOP
Operations Work Group
City Education Committee
Education Resource Officer (ERO) Ad Hoc Committee