The Madison Board of Education is a seven-member policymaking body. Members are elected in April to serve staggered three-year terms in office.
Board of Education duties:
- Establish policies for the Madison Metropolitan School District
- Approve and oversee the school district budget
- Serve as good stewards of taxpayer funds, and levy taxes as needed
- Hire and supervise the Superintendent of Schools
- Establish board committees and vote on board executives
- Lobbying lawmakers and advocating on behalf of the Madison schools
- Representing constituents, soliciting input on key decisions and listening to concerns and needs of the community
To reach all seven board members, please use the following group e-mail address: email@example.com
Interested in running for a seat on the Board of Education? Check out the City of Madison City Clerk's website for more information.